
My blog friend Emily has tea every Thursday at her place...This week I'm joining in!
Earlier this week I made this...
Blueberry Lemon Tea Bread
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
3 1/3 cups Plus 2 Tbsp flour, divided
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp grated lemon peel
Glaze:
½ cup sugar
½ cup lemon juice
Toss berries with 2 Tbsp flour; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Combine baking powder, salt and remaining flour. Add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Fold in blueberries and lemon peel. Pour batter into greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool 10 minutes. Meanwhile, for glaze, combine sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan. Heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove bread from pan; prick top with a toothpick. Brush hot glaze over bread. Cool completely before slicing.
Yield: 2 loaves
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
3 1/3 cups Plus 2 Tbsp flour, divided
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp grated lemon peel
Glaze:
½ cup sugar
½ cup lemon juice
Toss berries with 2 Tbsp flour; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Combine baking powder, salt and remaining flour. Add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Fold in blueberries and lemon peel. Pour batter into greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool 10 minutes. Meanwhile, for glaze, combine sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan. Heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove bread from pan; prick top with a toothpick. Brush hot glaze over bread. Cool completely before slicing.
Yield: 2 loaves
Our whole family loves this bread! We enjoyed it with a glass of milk:-)
Hop on over to Emily's to see what everyone else served for tea!






4 comments:
I love anything with lemon and this looks so yummy! I am definitely going to have to try it! Thank you for sharing and joining in this week! :)
Everything looks yummy! Thank you for sharing the recipe :)
blessings,
Lady M
That loaf looks delicious. I will have to join in sometime. :)
Just letting you know I email you about how I make yogurt. :)
Post a Comment