Wednesday, May 6, 2009

~A Clear Conscience~



Well, we talked about our loudest noisemaker last time...a guilty conscience. I am still working at that moment after effect and trying to deal with things immidately instead of justifying them...but I need to move on:-)

How do I clear my conscience?

First, I must reject the lie that there are not consequences...I can't deceive myself nor can I cover over my sins...this will just allow the noise to get noisier! I also can't believe the lie that I can prosper without repentance...God resists the proud. Pride easily gets in the way of asking for forgiveness from God AND man. God does not want money or time or service of any kind...he wants humbleness.

I must admit the truth that I am guilty of __________. It is so helpful to use bible words to describe our sin...do not admit to being bad or wrong but lustful or greedy or selfish. Ask for forgiveness but don't stop there!

Once I use God's words to describe my sin I need to look those verses up that apply. It is amazing how convicting the Word can be! I can know it is wrong to be greedy, but once I start reading verses dealing with greed....yikes! This is like walking in the light!

Ok, so what if I don't feel forgiven!?!??!?! Remember, we are not to go by our feelings, but our thoughts...fill your thoughts with God...his complete forvieness, his love, his faithfulness. A good example that Berg gave was reguarding the passover. He said God was not looking for an excuse to kill all those Jewish boys...he was looking for an excuse to pass over them! He wants to forgive!

So, I am forgiven, but I'll just do it again...it is a weakness of mine. I have an answer for that one too! Maybe you need to remove something from your life that is causing or feeding that weakness (could be just your feelings but also could be entertainment). It is probably more prideful. We don't want to be asking for forgiveness over and over again. We also don't want someone to keep us accountable.


Here are a few of the verses from this lesson:


Isaiah 59:1 & 2 Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Isa 55:7 & 8 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. (verse 8 is often misused...we are not quick to forgive...but God is!)

1 comment:

lady m said...

Dear Danielle,

Wonderful truths! The Word of God cuts deeper than a two-edge sword.

I love what you said...fill your thoughts with Him. This is the only answer - He is the answer!

I pray that you are feeling in good health as you are nearing your due date. May the Lord fill you with peace and quiteness. And remember...rest!

blessings,

Lady M