Tuesday, May 5, 2009

~Baby Stuff - My Labors and Baby Sizes~

Diane had asked about my deliveries...let me just say, don't hate me for my "short labors"...they are totally intense from the first contraction to the last. I can not pack or shower and can barely get dressed once the contractions start. I also have a few weeks of contractions and am normally 4-5 cm dialated two weeks before I go into labor. This is not something I am looking forward to! Of course, it is always wonderful that the moment the baby arrives the contractions stop!

Jordan was a day early, weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and labor was 4 1/2 hours

Jared was a day late, weighed 8 lbs 2 oz and labor was 2 1/2 hours

Aaron was a week late, weighed 8 lbs and labor was 2 1/2 hours

Eric was sideways so he was a week early by c-section he weighed 6 lb 13 oz

Nathan was ten days late (I think) UGH!!!, weighed 9 lbs 3 oz my labor was also about 2 1/2 hours


I arrive at the hospital just in time to push. I am generaly there for 20 minutes...door to delivered baby!


And no, we have never found out the gender of our babies:-)

3 comments:

lady m said...

No I don't hate you...you have been blessed :)

I am awaiting the arrival of this one...maybe is a girl ;)

blessings,

Lady M

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lady M ~ you have been blessed to have such short labors. That's so wonderful!!

Hope you are doing well - and enjoying a beautiful Spring day!

Diane said...

No one could hate you for having 5 children averaging 8 lbs each! Thanks for the scoop. Other women's stories always fascinate me.

My quick story: I had contractions for a couple of weeks but wouldn't dialate past 1 cm. I was so weak and the baby was so big... it became a c-section. 9 lbs 11 oz.