Gift Set #2
Handbag with matching necklace
Gift Set #3
Apron with matching necklace
This time everyone gets two chances...
On your first comment, tell me what you are studying in your devotions right now (I know 5 of you are expecting and one just had a baby--so simple is certainly understandable!)
For your second comment, I'd like to know one thing you would like to learn/accomplish in the next year.
I'll choose a random name Friday, June 5th!






21 comments:
Dear Danielle,
In my devotionals, I am starting a new book from Anabelle Gillham called "a stillness in the storm". I am looking forward to reading this book, she is a great author and teacher.
blessings,
lady m
And on my second comment...:)
I am in the process of mastering my treadle sewing machine. I am learning how to finish my seams without the use of a serger.
blessings,
lady m
You have a wonderful blog. I just wanted to say thanks for commenting on my blog and entering my giveaway. This is my first giveaway and it's been so much fun. Can't wait to see who wins.
For my devotions, I just finishes reading a book by Emilie Barnes titled "Fill My Cup, Lord". It was really good. Chapter topics were A Cup of Encouragement, Forgiveness, Trust, Quietness, Communion, Strength, Thanksgiving and Service. I was blessed and am now hoping to find another devotional to read along with my Bible. :)
As for something I hope to learn or master. I don't really have anything that comes to mind right now, I am doing my first quilt, so I hope to finish that. We are in the process of finishing our first house building project, we are getting close to moving in! I know this next year will be spent in setting up and landscaping, getting a few animals. We will also be welcoming a new baby in our family come October. My goal is to have a lovely garden and have all the canning done before October!
Well I'm one of those pregnant friends! I've been reading Maidens of Virtue(2nd time around) and trying to remember to read a Proverb a day for my devotions. Some days are better than others, but I am trying;) I do have more energy now though, so hopefully I'll pick up the pace! (I finally updated my blog)
Blessings,
Amanda
I am going to start knitting lessons soon. I never learned and I've always wanted to, so I asked my "adopted mom"(a good friend from church) to teach me. I hope to be able to make something for the baby!
Blessings,
Amanda
Love your giveaways!
I just read 1 John 2 where John specifically addresses writing to the dear children, fathers and young men. There is always so much beauty and depth in here - especially when re-read again and again.
As for projects on my to-do list this year... I wanted to sew a top for myself, but since I'm pregnant, I think I'll wait. Maybe a nursing cover instead?
Also, I want to be disciplined and figure out a meal-planning routine.
hmmm, In my devotions I'm going through Psalm 119 with time set aside for meditation. I NEED to fall in love with His Word more deply, and that chapter is so devoted to it. :) I'm also readying through "No Ordinary Home" by Carol Brazo
This year I would like to do a better job at saying "no" to things outside my home and "yes" to things inside my home.
I am studying submission. I'm reading "Created to be His Help Meet" and for my parenting quiet time I am reading "Don't Make Me Count to Three."
They have both been good books and I have been blessed to not only read them, but spend time in the Word as well with all the scripture in both books.
Love,
Jean
My goal for this summer is to simplify. I am cutting back on activities in order to spend time with the kids more and on more importantly on instruction.
What are you doing this summer?
Love,
Jean
I've been enjoying Kay Arthur's Inductive Bible Study Series. I'm currently studying the book of Isaiah.
A few weeks ago, I decided it would be fun to learn how to make my own candles this year. It would be a great thing to do with friends!
Right now I am reading through the New Testament. I am on the last chapter of Acts and getting ready to start Romans. I am also reading a book called, Worship in Song. The book discusses a Biblical approach to music and worship.
My children and I have been learning Psalm 119 in the form of a song. I am hoping to continue with this until we have the whole Psalm memorized. :)
I forgot I get a second post! As for a skill I'd like to learn for this year. I'm thinking of learning to quilt or knit. I've been invited to join a knit night by one friend and a quilter's challenge group by another. So it just depends what time allows.
We're also trying to buy a little farm to move to, so if that goes through, there will be no new hobbies because I'll be painting and settling in my new home. I've driven to the farm several times and sat in the driveway mentally replanting the flower beds, and walking through the place where the vegtable garden will go. The chicken house is full of antique canning jars, so I'm anxious to get it cleaned out, and maybe get some chicks. It's going to be a lot of work... if the loan goes through. ;)
Hi! As for devotions I have to admit they are not where they need to be. Sometimes they consist of whatever the girls and I are covering for Bible time. I also read the Days of Praise devotional and am trying to work through Shepherding the Heart of a Child by Tedd Tripp. It is not exactly an easy read for me but I know will be well worth it. Val
Dear Danielle
We just wrapped up our studies on the book of Levicitus, using a book called "The Schoolmaster" by John Martin. Just this week we only just started a booklet called "The Virtuous Woman" by Jane Roberts....also published as "Letter to younger sisters" which follows Prov 31 of course!
For my second comment, I am trying to leanr to master quilting. Wee story behind this! I rescued my great grandmothers quilts from being thrown out and we use one on our bed, but the other 5 are in rough shape and need to be fixed and I would love to get to the point of being able to mend these treasures.
Hi again - I don't see my second comment maybe it didn't come through. What I want to accomplish this year! My goal is to unclutter. Not just things - but that is where I need to start. We have way to much stuff just laying around. I want to simplify our life and I realize that will come with me being a better keeper of our home. I plan to start with a better school schedule and meal planning. Val
Post a Comment