1. Sunday church was about peace in turmoil (am) and grace to endure (pm).
2. A sweet post here about children and warning labels and instructions for raising children.
3. I found this Child Training Bible idea... it made me realize how often I don't train correctly. Too many "that is bad" and "stop it" I need to focus on the name of the sin and show them, in scripture, what God says about it. This way of marking your Bible would be excellent!
4. I'm reading about the special feasts in the Jewish year. It is really interesting to read how they started, how they changed and how they are now. The author is also showing some prophetic things... that is hard for my brain to grasp.
5. Also in my book, I'm still thinking about the idea of "counting the cost" (Luke 14:25-33) We normally look at this passage as we need to count the cost of following Jesus. What if it is actually Jesus counting the cost?!!?? I know, my brain hurts! If it is Jesus counting the cost... and he has decided it is worth it... we should just trust and obey.
My pastor is going to be teaching through this book at some point. The reading is easy but the thoughts are deep. I'm looking forward to further explanation in some areas! I'm so glad I read it once before he teaches... it will give me some extra brain power to keep up with him!






No comments:
Post a Comment