Thursday, February 16, 2012

~Sewing Fun~

I saw these on pinterest and couldn't help myself!It is a rice filled heating pad. You stick your little owl friend in the microwave for a minute and it is really nice and warm! Kiersten claimed this one right away! I liked the idea behind this too. She has several grandchildren and this was her way of giving them a hug:-)

I looked around her blog a little and found these... here we go again!
This little chick goes in the freezer. I made a square rice bag for the freezer for the boys and it works so much better than trying to use ice! Kiersten, again, claimed this one! It hasn't made it to the freezer yet:-)
Here are the buddies together... until Kiersten came to snatch them away...
So, I made my own owl! I am going to take this one to bed with me on cold nights! I put a little bit of mint oil in mine:-) (when I find my lavender I'm going to put a splash of that in too!) I used flannel for me and cotton for Kiersten.
I love small projects!
Thank you Suzanne for sharing these!

2 comments:

asnipofgoodness said...

Oh MY!!! Very cute! I LOVE these! What a great idea, and soooo cute!

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

How cute!!! :D