Friday, February 10, 2012

~Bear Stew~

This is not a normal item in my kitchen...

Our church hosts a Sportmans Dinner for the men and boys in our area. They have a great turn out every year and I always try to provide something. The church was given a lot of bear meat this year. My job was to turn it into stew.

Bear "pork" loin on the left... and roast on the right.

I had 6 packages... two pounds each... to cut up for the stew. It smelled yucky and I really dislike raw meat. It took me over an hour but cut it all up. I was soooo glad to be done with that part. I spent the rest of the day cooking stew.
Looks good! I doubled the amount of meat I normally use and cut back on the veggies. I got 3 crock pots full!
The main meal this year is venison meatloaf. We are also serving rabbit stew (which my boys always rave about) something with oysters and bear chops.

1 comment: