I heard Wanda Gibert speak at our state home school convention a few years ago. She was talking about "Be the Crowning Touch in your Husband's Life."
I enjoyed her talk and ended up buying her bible study by the same name. I found it hidden and dusty and I thought it would be a good way to start the new year in my devotion time so I got it out.
She wrote that the study should take 12 weeks... as I looked over the book, I realized there was 12 days worth. I read one chapter a day.
I wasn't overly impressed... maybe because I took good notes during her talk:0)... but I did glean some things.
The study was based on Prov 12:4 A Virtuous woman is a crown to her husband; but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness to the bones. She also pointed out that being virtuous was something that is favored by God (Prov 18:22).
Each chapter was about a different aspect of a crown... it brings beauty, it brings influance, it brings elevation... and she talked about how we, as wives, can bring those qualities to our husband.
I wouldn't say to run out and get a copy (I can't find them online anywhere) but it was food for thought.






No comments:
Post a Comment