Tuesday, April 5 - We were driving out of the driveway at 3:50 am! It was a beautiful morning! It was about 4:30 when the drizzle started. It wasn't too bad. We had put rain ex on the windshield and the rain was light for most of the trip.
The first two hours were really quiet! No one really slept but they took a nap later on so it worked out very well. Our first stop was for the bathroom (of course!) and breakfast. I had packed chocolate milk and bagels, but I didn't count right!?!??! We eat a bag of bagels at home but Gregg isn't normally home or Kiersten and I share. Well, since I made the mistake, I let Gregg splurge on a breakfast sandwich and I enjoyed a coffee!
Kiersten didn't want any of the toys I packed her... she spent the next 45 minutes playing with Gregg's breakfast wrapper!
We arrived at the hotel earlier then we expected and were so thankful that one of our rooms was ready. They were also able to give us adjoining rooms! We did a little unpacking and got ready for a swim. Kiersten really enjoyed exploring!
We did a bunch of visiting and then headed out for pizza! I have a lot of family photos but I don't post pictures of anyone other than my family so you'll have to pretend it wasn't just us. OK!?!?! We went to a place called Pizza Cottage... good stuff! You must try their BLT pizza... and their Chicken Alfredo pizza, and their Cheese steak pizza!






1 comment:
Hi Danielle,
Oh this sounds like fun! It brings back memories...adjoining rooms was a must for us and when we stopped, everyone "went" if you had to or not. Isn't it amazing how toys take second place to wrappers, straws, cups, and hotel booklets and phones! :-)
Take care,
Anne ♥
Post a Comment