Monday, August 17, 2009

~Slowly Progresssing~

I've been finishing up so many little projects around here. Some sewing, some cleaning, some misc things that only people nesting think to do!

Friday I manged to learn a new crochet stitch. Actually it is just a single and a double alternated. I really like it! I am going to be making many, many of these for a nice blanket! I love that I can do this while the boys are reading to me! I am hoping to find more 100% cotton yarn real cheap! Or maybe I'll add it to my Christmas list! I think I will enjoy making something other than dishcloths!
I made a cover for my electric skillet...That had to be done before baby right!?!?!? It sits out and gets dirty very quickly in our dusty house! This way I don't have to wash it before I use it!


Saturday I sewed my quilt top to the batting and bottom...right now I'm working on the handstitching...I hope to be completely done today or tomorrow!!!

I am also finishing up two skirts I started a few months ago! I found skirts to be extra comfy this summer and thought it would be fun to have some for after the baby!

I cleaned cob web's off the ceilings, I had Aaron take apart a fan so I could clean it, I did some straightening outside...I have cleaned all the carpets at least once this summer and the boys just washed the floors for me again. My canning stuff is all put away too!

I am almost done taking all the boy's yearly photos. I used to take them at their birthday...but I think it will be easier to do them all at once when the weather is nice!

What I have left is some hair trimmings (I did cuts not too long ago, but they need trimmed around their ears) and I need to groom the dogs. I need to cut some boy fingernails too! Then there is working ahead paying the bills and the church bulletin...I need to make a list for whoever is watching the boys. I can't forget to pack my bag and tha baby's bag. We need to dig out the carseat and finalize names! Oh yeah, charge camera batteries is a must do! Make an extra batch of laundry detergent and granola. Maybe clean a ceiling fan or two! Lots of little things this week! It sure adds up! I may even try to take the boys bowling one last time!
I'll keep you posted:-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, you are way beyond the "nesting" instinct! One can certainly tell your time is near. Anxiously awaiting the phone call telling of a normal and quick delivery of the newcomer!!!! Grandma E

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Oh, you are getting so close!! Sounds like you are keeping busy too! Wow... :)

Anonymous said...

You make your own laundry detergent? Val

Diane said...

Wow! You always inspire me. Can't wait for the wee one :)

wodaking said...

I love nesting! It's almost worth being pregnant again... but not quite. my garden/yard/house never looked so nice as they did when Wyatt was on the way!