I did fit my soapmaking in on August 1st! It was easier than I thought and it has been curring in my room for the past number of weeks. After this Saturday, I can give it a try!!!
These "drying racks" were made a number of years ago...we went to a beach that was known for fossilized shark teeth and we used these as screens! Totally off topic...but we found lots of teeth. Can't wait to try it again with the boys being older! Anway, they work great for the soap!
I've also been using a shampoo bar instead of regular shampoo/conditioner. I was a little intimidated by going "poo free" and thought this a good alternative. So far (3 weeks into it) I really like it. Way easy, no conditioner...and no knots! I have my eyes set on this website and their shampoo bars. I should try just using baking soda...maybe I'll make my own...I found a recipe on line. I have used a vinegar rinse once a week...contrary to what is said, I can smell it even after my hair dries if I don't do a rinse.
`
Lastly, I've been using my own laundry detergent for several months. I have tried both powder and liquid. Again, there are many, many online recipes to try. It doesn't take long to make a batch, and it last for awhile...even with my laundry pile! I have had to rewash a few things (boys play clothes can be a challenge!) but everything else has been clean and fresh smelling.
`
Chemical free? Not yet, but making great strides!






5 comments:
Good for you!! Was the soap making from "Seasons?" I have yet to try the recipe but I really do want to. I am making my own laundry detergent this week. I've heard it is such a saver on money!! I can't wait to check out that website! Have a wonderful day!
i'd love to know the recipe you used for making your soap! it looks like it turned out great! love reading your blog. :)
Danielle,
The soap looks great!
I am also looking into a shampoo bar...I am glad that it is working great for you ;)
blessings,
lady m
Ladies~
I used a kit for the first time around...I got it here...
http://www.nussbaumfamilysoaps.com/
Emily, I do want to try "seasons" recipe next!
Lady M, This is where I got the shampoo bar as well.
Sarah, thanks for stopping by!
Yay! I'm so glad that you tried making soap - it's the best. And laundry detergent is so easy too. Way to go on all that self-reliance!
Post a Comment