Wednesday, August 26, 2009

~Fast Food~

I have been using one of these...


I am totally new to pressure cooking so this is yet another learning curve for me this year! Not only do they cook healthy food fast...you save on electric and your kitchen doesn't heat up!

Last night we had Beef BBQ...in one hour! The beef was even a little frozen still. You start cooking on high...until the pressure rises. Then you turn it down to medium heat and keep turning it down. The last half hour my stovetop was only on the 2nd heat setting!

I've cooked soup, chili, mashed potatoes, beans (you don't even need to soak overnight!), and chicken. Everything cooks fast and doesn't dry out because all the liquid is sealed into the pot. I still have a lot to learn as I transfer some crockpot and oven recipes over to the pressure cooker, but I have been so pleased!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have wanted to use a pressure cooker. I've heard it is just wonderful!! :)

Diane said...

Anything that helps reduce extra heat in the kitchen is a good thing! I use a toaster oven (not a big oven) but we have a smaller family (for now). It saves a lot of energy too.