Monday, August 24, 2009

~Did I, Am I, Will I~

This verse was brought out in our Sunday Morning service. It will be challenging me all week...
"I glorified you on the earth, having accomplished the
work which You have given Me to do." John 17:4
`
Have I been glorifying God????...am I right now???...will I in the future???? How many times do I *think* I'm glorifying God, when my actual goal is to glorify myself? Yikes! Don't want to answer that one!

Have I accomplished the work????...am I accomplishing the work???...will I strive to accomplished the tasks He has for me??? How many opportunies have I walked right past thinking they were interruptions? How long will it take me to realize His work looks different than I think? If I am accomplishing "the work" is it with the right attitude!?!?!

I hope you all had a good and thought provoking Sunday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think about this a lot - especially as my day comes to an end. Am I living the way God would want me to live? Am I glorifying Him in my speech, manner, - in everything? I wish to be what He wants me to be, and be the woman He wants me to be. What a wonderful post!

Diane said...

Great post. That "opportunities" vs. "interruptions" part really poked me. Sometimes it feels as if there is so much to do... Always good to stop and consider.