Tuesday, March 31, 2009

~A Great Day~

We had a very good day today! Everyone seemed to be well and in a good mood:-)

The day started with seeing a mouse...in the mouse trap!!! This mouse has been driving me crazy at night. It climbs and scratches in between the walls! The better news is that I have several brave and strong men that empty the trap for me! Sorry, no photo!

After we finished our morning school, we headed out to find some grain. I am going to start milling my own wheat!!!! Anyway, this cute little village market sells grain, fresh produce, and has a deli inside. The outside is a nursery. We couldn't help but buy a snack (whoopie pies...yum!) and enjoy them outdoors while surrounded by flowers!

After lunch, we ventured outside to plant the strawberries...here are my helpers...

See those cute stripped garden gloves...my boys brought them back for me on Saturday. Jared remembered Mom's gloves were in really bad shape...Awwww...I love the stripes!

I didn't have extra time to make bread today so I whipped up some biscuits to go with this soup...

Salsa Chicken and Black Bean Soup

It may not look very yummy but it was just wonderful! You can snag the recipie from Heart(h) Management. So very easy to make and top with cheese. In true Ma Ingalls style, I used the good dishes...after all, special dishes aren't for special occasions but for special people! The family devoured it!

Ahhh, the laundry is put away, we caught another mouse tonight, and I am so very ready for bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a full yet wonderful day! You accomplished so much! Oh I am very much in the mood for planting and gardening! I, too, want to start milling our grains. I just haven't found a place around here yet. How exciting you are planting strawberries! I bet they will be soooo yummy! Have a great day tomorrow!

Diane said...

Thank you for no pictures of said mice.

Please post pictures when milling your grain - I'm intrigued!!

Love the pic of all the land where you're planting strawberries. Oh to have open spaces :)