Monday, March 9, 2009

~Just Call me Mrs. Ingalls~

That's who I felt like today:-)

It is our family tradition to watch a "Little House on the Prairie" episode every Sunday. Gregg's grandma had given us some money and we purchased the whole set! Anyway, I pulled some beef cubes out of the freezer from our quarter cow and made beef stew. I didn't have enough time to make bread so I tried my hand at biscuits...the boys just gobbled it up. I even served strawberry freezer jam on the biscuits. Ma Ingalls is known for her cooking and she did everything from scratch...just like I did?!??! Except I didn't cook on a fire...and some other small details:-)

I even got out our nice dishes for the occasion. I know, I'm a nut!

5 comments:

Melonie said...

How funny! I've been thinking of getting the Little House DVDs as well as Bonanza for our family. So far I've started collecting The Waltons - well, I've got season 1. LOL

The meal looks lovely and I'm sure it was yummy. Enjoy those dishes!!! I try to pull out my china at least once a month - why let it sit and never get used? I'd much rather enjoy it and serve my family + it makes everyone feel festive and special.

Diane said...

I really like your themed dinner! The self-sufficiency charm of LHOTP has always appealed to me too :)

Jenny said...

We watched a Little House episode last night, too! We watched "The Camp Out" when the Oleson family joined the Ingalls family on their family camp out.

Dinner looks yummy. Beautiful plate!

Anonymous said...

I just came across your page and had to say hello! I am also a homeschooling mommy and enjoy the wonderful life of homemaking! :) Have a beautiful and blessed day!

Amanda said...

Sounds like fun! We love Little House in our family too. We found a Little House cook book at our library and each child got to pick out something to make.

Blessings,
Amanda