Saturday, March 7, 2009

~A Beautiful Day!~

I am so excited!!! Spring is in the air:-) I could hibernate all winter...I really, really don't like being cold. I went outside with the boys yesterday and had a fun time pushing the little two on the swings. I had a jacket and gloves on but I was enjoying the warming breeze.

I was super delighted today to just wear a sweatshirt! Ahhhh! I love it. I ran some errands...with no coat! I played in my garden getting it ready for mulch...with no coat! And, I sat by an open window sewing...and I wasn't even cold! ALL DAY! I know the month of March has it's ups and downs...but today was an up and I am sooo happpppyyyy!

Anyway, here is a photo of a crocus by my front door...I know spring is around the corner when I see it pop up!


This was my sewing project today....

Four baby bibs and three burp cloths for a friend who is expecting a little boy next month. Why do they call them burp cloths anyway? We call them spit diapers:-) Most of my babies were good SPITTERS...and you need a very absorbent DIAPER. I guess BURPERS only need a CLOTH! And why do people use velcro!?!?! I like buttons...the kids can't pull them off and they don't stick to anything in the wash!!! Is it just me or does anyone else have a huge dislike of velcro!?!??!

Anyway, while I was sewing a made a few more "burp cloths":-) for some friends having babies this year. Here is a little sample...

I know there are several tutorials online for cute "burp cloths" but the fabric goes right up the middle...where they baby SPITS! I like to have as much DIAPER showing as possible to catch it all! I cut a 5" piece of fabric to sew across the bottom. Much cuter than plain white! But still very useable:-)

No comments: