Wednesday, April 1, 2009

~New Skirt~

I'm not much into sewing clothes...besides pajama pants. I have a hard time choosing the right fabric. It is been really hard lately to find skirts long enough...knee length is so NOT knee length when you are tall!
When I saw Emily's post (from "A Beautiful Life") with a tiered skirt linking to directions to make one...I wanted to give it a try! I have never had a tiered skirt. Emily made one of hers in a cute brown polka dot...I couldn't find any brown polks dots but did find this brown that I thought would work. It is a nice light fabric that I thought might hang nicely.
I cut it out on Saturday and sewed it up today....
It passed the test...I wore it tonight and Gregg liked it! I think I'd like to make a flowery one next!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Yea! And more Yea!! That's so wonderful and it turned out SO lovely! I can't wait to see more! Aren't these skirts the best!?! A flowery one will love so great! :) I am sooooo glad you made one for yourself and were so successful! Have a blessed night!

Diane said...

It's lovely! Great job!! I'm impressed because there are so many steps to making that skirt.