Thursday, January 5, 2012

~Yikes, what a Day~



Monday was a fun day... Tuesday was a day of routine. The kids did great getting back into their chores/school. Wednesday... well, that was another story.



Morning school went very long... like, I walked into the kitchen to make lunch close to 1pm. I heard my cell phone ring and chose to not answer because everyone was hungry and lunch was my first priority. When the house phone rang I knew Gregg needed to talk to me, so I answered. I had to leave the room to look at something to answer him and was being bugged by Nathan. I quietly reminded him that he was not to talk to me while I was on the phone. He insisted he had to ask me something.



"Mom, can I eat some of those green things Kiersten has?" "Um, let me see" was my answer as I continued talking to Gregg and walked back to the kitchen.



I saw Kiersten popping rat poison into her mouth and scream "no!!!!" I hung up without even saying anything to Gregg... Kiersten spits out the pellets. All were hole... no bites taken. Her teeth were clean and her tongue was clean too. Thankfully, the poison was still in the original bag and I could call poison control (number was on bag too!) and see what I needed to do. They didn't answer right away so I was barking commands to the boys. Jordan, call dad and tell him what happened. Jared make sure everyone has shoes on... we may need to leave.



Someone FINALLY answered and I told the very calm lady what happened and gave her the information from the bag. She informed me that rat poison (this type, anyway) wouldn't take effect for 4-7 days. If she has any symptoms just take her to the doctor for some vitamin K. Symptoms would be blood in stools/urine, bleeding, bruising easily.



Ok, breathing again... I had Jordan finish making lunch while I called Gregg back and washed Kiersten's hands.


I was thrilled when nap time finally arrived!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I don't think I've heard this one before! LOL I'm glad she's alright. What's with waiting 7 days? You would think there would be something they could do before she has symptoms or to ward off the symptoms. It sounds like you caught it just in time, they were whole, so she probably didn't swallow any. I would have been ready for nap time too!

I remember trying to talk on the phone...perfect time to ask for stuff.LOL It was like clock work...mom's on the phone, go ask now. LOL

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

I hope Kiersten is ok!! What a scare that would be...