Wednesday, January 4, 2012

~New Years Day Out~

We spent New Years Day at church with our normal routine. Sunday night Gregg and I both wrote a to-do list for Monday (he had the day off).

We both woke up Monday morning and decided we'd rather do something "fun" and let the lists wait for another day! One of us normally talks some sense into the other one in times like these... but we were both senseless and packed up the gang and headed out.

Our first stop was Cabela's. It is about an hour drive so I packed some snacks for the trip. The place was mobbed, but since we never buy anything there, that was ok. We looked at all the animals... the fish, deer, bear... and then we went to shoot! Jordan shot several rounds on other people's tokens. He found the jammed guns and used his pocket knife to loosen the tokens... haha!

Nathan was especially fun to watch!
We found this poster of Bear Grylls...
My guys loves to watch his adventures... they just are not allowed to tell me about them!
After Cabela's we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch... but the wait was 40 minutes so we tried an Asian Buffet. It was mostly Chinese with some sushi and American food. Jared tried squid. The boys said he looked like he was chewing an eyeball...uck! I couldn't watch him eat it! I was full on my Chinese when I finally asked about the hibachi grill. I couldn't resist so I filled a plate with my choice foods and watched him grill it for me! That was soooo yummmmy! I can't believe I ate it all!
Kiersten fell asleep on the way home and my guys let me stop at Joann's Fabric! I got 3 dress fabrics for Kiersten that were 50% off! I also got a great price on big skeins of cotton yarn! Kiersten woke up before I got back so we did some other shopping before coming home.
It was a great day of getting along and being out. My house is a wreck and nothing got done... getting back to school/routine isn't going to be easy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day! We have Bass Pro about an hour+ from us, and it's an amazing place to go.
You all have been busy...think I'm all caught up now. LOL
Have a great week!