Saturday, January 7, 2012

~Organizing Christmas Cards~

I am so excited about some of the projects I have scheduled for this year... lots of goals to work towards! Most are about cleaning out and organizing!

One of the first things I wanted to do was figure out what to do with all the Christmas cards, letters and photos. I usually just stick them in a file in a drawer.

I saw this idea and thought it would be perfect!






It took me all week to get it done (school and my little girly were not cooperating!) but I'm so happy with it. I have everything in one 1 1/2" binder for 2001 to 2011! I do have a handful of photos that do not have dates so I'll be playing detective to see if I can find where they go.



I also put my letter in there with the extra copies. I save them to give to the kids "someday" when they move out.



I only kept the photos and letters... the Christmas cards that were simply signed were used in this craft...




A friend of mine sells creative memories and shared this idea! Use your tag maker to make tags for gifts for next year! I absolutely loved punching these out! My family will be impressed next year too... I never remember to get/use labels... I almost always label the packages with a black sharpie!



Now, my filing drawer has a bit more room, I have tags for next year, and my Christmas letters and photos are in a wonderful album that I can actually page through!!!!



What do you all do with your Christmas cards?

No comments: