Saturday, January 28, 2012

~Thinking Thoughts~

My Saturday post filled with thoughts I've been thinking on:


1. Beauty for ashes... it is a promise from God for those mourn. BUT I have to give him the ashes (the ruined, burned up, worthless leftovers of a disaster) in order to get the beauty. Isaiah 61:3 Hanging onto the ashes isn't worth it! Give it to God! (from Sunday's sermon)


2. Beauty for Ashes... my husband wrote it on my white board for me... he put it in the pray for section. I first thought, that is not where that goes... then I realized there was no more perfect place!


3. “I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I have just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” thought from here


4. I was half way through my walk Thursday when I remembered I was supposed to be listening for something to stoke my fire. I came across this Cd and the song "All are Welcome":
*come and lay your burden down, you have no reason to hide... accept his grace, let him take control...He will take away your guilt and shame, lay it at his feet... - I'm in the midst of reading Grace for the Good Girl. This ties in perfectly!
*Let his healing begin - also from Grace for the Good girl - I just read the chapter about the difference between closure and healing. I would have never picked up on this had I not been purposefully listening!


5. In reading Grace for the Good Girl she mentions "beauty for ashes"... just like the message on Sunday!


6. Blog post by Monica talking about the Prov 31 woman... extending grace. Hadn't seen it that way before.


How cool is that that the message from Sunday, my book, and my music all were working together! I would not have known it without purposing to listen and to stoke my fire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's when you know there is a definite lesson from the Lord to be learned in all that. :-)