Tuesday, January 31, 2012

~January Goals~

I never posted my goals in the beginning of the month but here are my goals with what I accomplished.

1. Read one book a month - I finished Grace for the Good Girl... review coming... I need to go through a lot of notes!

2. One big craft project a month - I finished a quilt top... photo coming

3. One small craft project each week - 1) Christmas cards/photos, 2)bracelets, 3) glass display in living room, 4) verse holder for 2012 church verses... photos of bracelets and glass display coming

4. Spring clean one room a month - I was supposed to do the bathroom this month but never got to it...oops! I guess I'll have to double up next month.

5. Keep up with devotions - I scheduled each week with different studies I want to do this year. I finished "A Holy Influence: Be the Crowning Touch in your Husband's Life" (two weeks) and started studying the book of Ephesians (12 weeks).

6. Health goals - My goal for January was to get back to walking. I didn't walk much in Dec and gained back a few pounds that I lost last year. My goal was 3 miles a day 5 days a week. I generally split my 3 miles into 4 mph, 6 mph and 5 mph. I didn't hit my goal of the number of days since the stomach bug came for a week. I'm still pleased with my results!

7. Projects for when I am doing school with Eric - I sit with Eric for about an hour... I like to keep my hands busy. This month I did a very small amount of crochet (still working on my ripple blanket). I spent one week working on leather wrap bracelets (see #3). I spent over a week working on my digital scrapbooking program. All my digikits were deleted when I sent my laptop out for repair. It is taking hours and hours and hours to reload them.

8. Memory work
a)Two verses in Romans 6 every month - I learned verses 1&2
b)James 2 & 3 with the kids this year. (We did James 1 last fall) We are up to verse 12!

9. For others - One note sent to Secret Sister, one note sent to a new mom, put effort into making Eric's birthday special

10. Misc projects that pop up - This month was cleaning out the boys clothes
Now, I'm off to write my goals for February!

No comments: