Monday, June 13, 2011

~Still Counting~


#381 - #401

  • Seeing the first lightning bugs of the year
  • Sore muscles from clearing all the weeds in the garden on the side of the house (they were more than waist high)... I pull them every year and never get it replanted or mulched... this year is gonna be different! I shoveled out all the weeds to make sure and get the roots. I did plant flowers... waiting on the mulch!
  • New plants ready to be tucked into freshly laid mulch
  • Homemade Mac n cheese
  • Finding more bricks laying around to edge the new garden
  • A big glass of Mint Chocolate Iced Coffee
  • Sitting outside in the shade enjoying chickens, flowers, and children
  • Boys trying all kinds of swing aerobics
  • Eating at the picnic table
  • Safety in the storm
  • Tree branches falling... with nothing damaged
  • Chicks loosing their roof and getting soaked to the skin. Thankfully the storm was during the day and we could get them warm and dry before bed.
  • Protein and iron rich snacks to help a weary body - I am so bad at eating protein and iron. With all my walking and outdoor activities, I guess I depleted my body a little too much.
  • New walking sneakers
  • Front hill redone! There were sooo many rocks! No wonder I could never plant anything. Drain pipe in and hill sloped so we can mow it! Now for the grass seed!
  • Air conditioning... two August like days spent watering plants and hiding inside
  • Being home all day Saturday... race was cancelled again
  • Boys having good attitudes about not racing
  • Lots of laughing, swinging, and climbing
  • Hand shadows on the wall
  • Watching races on the wall instead of a little computer screen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Glad you all were safe from the storms and no damage. :-)
Your garden will look so nice when it's done.
Think I'll go have some Mint Chocolate Iced, sounds good!
Blessings,