Wednesday, June 8, 2011

~The Ultimate Bad Day~

No, not my bad day... Just something I read in my devotions this morning:-)

I was reading about how Elijah had to run for his life. He obeyed God and got into a sticky situation. He ran a days journey and crashed under a juniper tree... then "he requested for him that he might die."

That would be a really bad day.

My mind went back to a sermon preached last month. It was about Moses (Num 11), Elijah (I Kings 19) and Jonah (Jonah 4).
  • All three men were trusting & obeying God.
  • All three men were trouble by fatigue, fear or frustration.
  • All three wanted their life taken from them.
  • All three were totally taken care of by God in their time of need.
Just thought I'd share:0)

I took this photo of our neighbors sheep yesterday.

I am so glad the Lord is my shepherd!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks for the encouragement. I need to go back and re-read their stories, right about now. :-)

Crystal said...

I love that picture. Thanks for the reminder.

Jean Marie Bibby said...

Amen.