I passed my diabetes test! Yes!!! (I had granola and yogurt for breakfast...they were thinking I'd fail because of the sugar content...homemade is the way to go...hardly any sugar in my stuff! They suggest an egg and toast if you are wondering...no one told me!)
BUT she said I was getty very low on iron. I am not a huge red meat fan...we have a 1/4 cow in the freezer and I guess we will be digging into that more often. The males in my house will be very happy to hear that!
I asked about these items I had mentioned awhile ago...
Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
Evening Primrose Oil
Gentle Birth Formula
Floradix
Evening Primrose Oil
Gentle Birth Formula
Floradix
Here were the comments from the midwives...
Red Raspberry Leaf Tea - both midwives weren't thinking this does too much but you are free to take it if you wish. They did warn me that sometimes the uterus give out. After so many children it may not work as a muscle. Yikes! This is supposed to strengthen the uterus. Still thinking about this one.
Evening Primrose Oil - both said don't take it unless you want to have the baby in the car!
Gentle Birth Formula - again both said don't take it unless you want to have the baby in the car...they sometimes recommend this for someone that has a history of long labors or first time moms
Floradix - three weeks ago the midwife told me this is a great product and is often replacing the typical prenatel vitamin in many dr offices. But, my tiredness is probably because I need a nap...not vitamins as I generally eat well. Her advice...save your money, take a nap! This morning, it was different. With my iron being low they do recommend me start taking this soon. My iron problem will only get worse.
I have one more herbal product to look up...at a website called motherlove dot com. A friend highly recommended their sitz bath for after birth stuff. I don't want to think about that yet:-)
I've also been sewing...two new tops and a nursing cover.
Both tops are comfy and I've received compliments while wearing both. I don't feel like I'm wearing a tent in them either! No one thought they were homemade (huge compliment!) and several wondered where I find so many modest maternity clothes! I have not sewn clothes for a long time. I think I might keep an eye out for pattern sales and stock up for after baby...this is fun!
I have never used a nursing cover but I think it would certainly come in handy. I'd like to make one more...one for the diaper bag and one for the house. I'd be interested in hearing if you have used one and how you liked it. I found many in the etsy shops (colors are often a bit too bright for me) but there are also several tutorials out there...here is the one I used. Nicer than just using a blanket because there is boning in it (you can see baby but no one else can). I used a heavier weight fabric...but soft. Total cost was about $6...much cheaper than buying it!
UPDATE on the nursing cover...check out my changes here.






5 comments:
I'm so glad to hear your appointment went well. Oh how I wish I could sew like you... I love the two shirts and nursing cover!
Oh Danielle, how wonderful that you were able to pass the diabetes test. Boy, I remember those and they were not fun ;(
On the subject of your tiredness. Yes, iron vitamins will probably be a good idea. I was low on iron on all three of my pregnancies.
Rest, dear friend. Rest...
lady m
a friend gave me a "hooter hider" (nursing cover sounds so sophisticated!) with my third baby. i loved it and it revolutionized my life w/a newborn. i hate nursing in public and this little tool made me feel comfortable to do so all the time. it was awesome. mine stayed in my diaper bag and doubled as a light blanket when necessary too. i'll have to check out the tutorial you linked and see if this can be my standard baby shower gift. loved it! i bet you will too ... and with older siblings at home, having two will be perfect.
So glad you passed the test! :) Sounds like all is going well too.
Those are some lovely tops! I am hoping to sew up a couple for myself too. I don't like the ones that make you feel like you are wearing a tent, either!
Glad that all went well with your appt. and test! Lovely shirts and nursing cover. If we lived closer, I'd ask if you could teach me to sew clothing... I'm such a scardy-cat.
Thanks for the supplement info. Red raspberry tea did bring on more contractions for me, but I still had a c-section - so go figure. Iron supplements didn't work for me - by the time I had my daughter, I had two black eyes! Hope the red meat works for you :)
Post a Comment