Friday, June 19, 2009

~Kitchen Day~

Well, I haven't done much since Tuesday. Wednesday I manged a trip to the grocery store. Thursday, we took our weekly bowling trip. Today was kitchen day. I like to cook ahead for the weekend whenever possible.

I started with boiling 2 dozen eggs...half for red beet eggs (for Sunday) and half for deviled eggs for tonight/tomorrow. I had two big bunches of ruhbarb to cut up and throw in the freezer. I decided to try making a rhubarb custard pie. Pie crusts certainly aren't my thing...so don't laugh:-)

After lunch, I made a quiche for breakfast and did a big clean up. Just before naptime, I made a cheesecake (Father's Day is coming!!!) It has been a long time since I made one, mmmm, not sure if it will last until Sunday!

I was able to rest for about two hours this afternoon. Ahhhh!

I started taking my iron supplements on Wednesday and have cut out my beloved mint tea and extra fiber (both make it harder for your body to absorb iron). I'm hoping next week picks up a little!

I plan on going to my local fabric shop tonight...they are having a big sale and there are a few things I'd like to pick up;-) I need to recover some pillows and would love to find some other goodies to stash away for this winter!

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Seriously, how are you doing all this?! You're my hero.