Out of five caterpillars, we ave four butterflies!
(the last one just may hatch soon... it was the last one to form a chrysalis)
I gave them some watermelon and sugar water, but I really wanted to get them outside. Nathan was the most sad about this... he wanted to keep them forever☺
In Eric's hand
In Nathan's hand
With Kiersten
One of the butterflies doesn't seem to be able to fly... that is why we were able to hold it for so long. The others flew away rather quickly.
I put the butterfly on a flower from our butterfly bush. We were able to watch it eat! That was so cool!
My camera battery died... so I didn't get a close up picture of that.
It was a very neat experience! Too bad the caterpillars are so expensive to buy. It is actually cheaper to buy the whole set than it is to just by the caterpillars.






1 comment:
What fun! They are so pretty!
Post a Comment