I knew there was something else I did last week... I just could not remember what it was when I typed up my post! I read this amazing book...
I spent many night time hours keeping warm in my blanket with my book! I refused to read it while the kids were awake because I knew I would never be able to put it down! As soon as the kids were in bed I was into the story and stayed at it until I seriously couldn't focus anymore.
The publisher says it is a mystery with plenty of action. Yup!
I read one "real" romance novel and one "real" mystery book many years ago. Books on the top book lists. This book was so very different. I came away from those books feeling dirty and creepy... this book was challenging my character. It is amazing how the quality of writing can lead your mind down different paths.
There was romance... but not immorality
There was death... but nothing gory
There was evil... but it was shown as the result of selfishness not glamorized
There were decisions made sacrificially
There was compassion
People were humbled
Joy was found in trials
Character shined through
Service to others helped heal a wounded heart
God was praised for the work He did through the trials
I woke one morning after reading this book and thought for sure I had watched a movie! The pictures were so clear in my head.
This book was written in 1883 and I always enjoy the Old English. This company does define some words at the bottom of the page which is helpful but I could mostly glean the meaning from the context.
Certainly one of my favorite books! Coming in at 440 pages... it is long but, oh my, do the pages turn!
I am afraid to choose another book off the shelf right now... I don't have time to get drawn into another book! Maybe after Christmas!






1 comment:
The book does sound interesting!
The blanket is just beautiful!!! Love all the colours....
Post a Comment