Four Christmas's every year... that is a lot. But I think we have a good schedule down! The first one is my mom's family the Saturday before Christmas (today). It is hosted by my Uncle & Aunt who only live about 20 min away. Some do a gift exchange pollyanna style, some participate in a cookie swap and some just come to visit.
I enjoyed this Christmas party on my own:-) Gregg happily stayed home with the kids so I could actually talk to people. I love my kids... but when you have to keep giving direction and making sure everything is ok you really can't get into a good conversation. I enjoyed talking to several cousins, aunts and uncles. I didn't get to everyone but I'm happy with how many I did actually talk to. By my count there were 6 uncles, 7 aunts, 15 cousins, 8 second cousins, and 2 "friends" of cousins. I met two wives of cousins for the first time too.
It was a nice afternoon/evening out but I was happy to get home to my quiet house and watch another Christmas movie with my gang.
It was a nice afternoon/evening out but I was happy to get home to my quiet house and watch another Christmas movie with my gang.
I sent them off to bed and sorted all the cookies! Yum!






No comments:
Post a Comment