If this is a totally new idea for you I'll try to explain... You basically have one index card for each day. Every year you write the year and one simple thing that happened that day. You work your way through all your index cards and add a new line every year. This is such a simple way of journaling! You can write down a place you went, the weather or simply that one cup of coffee wasn't enough.
Some people use just a half of an index card but that wasn't enough space for me:0) I cut scrapbook paper (card stock thickness) the same width but 3/4 inch taller. I made my box out of paper (using this tutorial... and adding two inches to the box bottom) but you can buy a recipe box and use that if you want. My box isn't real sturdy but I don't plan on moving it around so that works for me.
I had fun using this new toy...
It makes score lines on your paper to make a perfect fold! I have used it more times than I thought I would in the short amount of time that I've had it. You can make boxes, cards and envelopes very easily! The board comes with all the measurements you need. I would never pay full price for this:0) but I had a birthday gift card and a 50% off coupon! I think this will be well used! I used it to make my perpetual journal box, envelopes made out of old calendars and my flip calendar display (hoping to share that with you soon!). I have also used it a few times with the boy's school work. I love the crisp fold lines!






4 comments:
This is such a great idea! I have a recipe box that I'm not using and have almost gotten rid of several times; I've kept it on hand because I just love the folk art on it. NOW I have the perfect purpose for it! Thanks for the inspiration. :-P
What a neat idea!! :) I really should try this...
I can handle making time to write on a recipe card each day.... Would be fun to read in the years to come!
You just come up with the neatest ideas! Thanks for sharing this and the tutorial. Now I have some projects going on to keep me busy through the snow days. :-)
LOVE this perpetual journal. I feel like I can commit to one line a day! Wonderful idea, thank you.
Post a Comment