Sunday, February 21, 2010

~The Rest of the Story~

Well, I have only been telling part of the story from Feb 2 - 12 :-) I don't really like all of blog land to know when I am home alone with all my kiddo's...so, you get to find out AFTER the big business trip!

You see, Gregg took off to the other side of the world for a ten day trip. We have been through this several times before... and have never had any incidents. Until now.

This is the short list of what happened while he was gone...

~ Jordan got sick...in bed 24 hours
~ one chicken found dead under trailer... hawks in the air
~ huge snow storm hit dumping 18" on us... chicken saved by dog
~ battery found dead on vehicle
~ toilet decided to not refill... good thing we have two:-)
~ Jared in bed 24 hours (some tired bug!!?!?!?)
~ Eric and Nathan coughing like crazy
~ had to cancel plans to get groceries due to sick boys
~ went to bed feverish... awoke with mastitis
~ went to bed with pills... awoke to 25" of snow (total)
~ a very sick mom took a very sick little boy to the dr... Nathan had pneumonia
~ awoke to sick baby girl (her first cold...she is fine now with no meds!)
~ canceled plans to go out with my valentine and another couple

Husband arrives to find a very tired, no, exhausted wife a few sick children and nothing to eat.

In all the years Gregg has traveled, I have never had an incident. I guess they all piled up. Thankfully, we have wonderful friends and neighbors who came to my rescue again and again. Every day God showed me He was with me. Our verse for the month is "Bear ye one anothers burdens" I was truly trying to do things for others this month. I guess God wanted to show me the other side of the coin! I am so thankful for each one that helped bear my burdens!

I'm thankful...
~ Jordan & Jared just slept and were well
~ Boys were able to bury chicken and shoot at hawk
~ Neighbor plowed us out
~ Friend jumped our van
~ Toilet started working later that afternoon
~ Dr didn't need to see me, called in some drugs
~ Friend picked up my prescription
~ Another friend brought some groceries and dinner
~ Neighbor plowed us out... again
~ We had power the whole time
~ Another neighbor drove Nathan to the dr while his wife watched the other children
~ Friend took big boys to a party for me
~ Husband arrived! Enough said!

Nathan was too sick to celebrate his birthday and I was too overdone to celebrate mine... It all worked out (rather nicely!) and we are happily back into routine this week!

3 comments:

Diane said...

W-o-w. I'm glad that everyone is doing better. (Poor little guy with pneumonia!) I'm very thankful that the Lord blessed you with so much help from others!! Also, I'm thankful for your husband's safe return. Hopefully he doesn't have to take another trip like that one for a while!

Anonymous said...

It is always so surprising when things do not go as planned.

When everything happens at the same time...we, as mother's, go into reaction mode and then the unthinkable ~ we get sick also!

But how wonderful that you were surrounded by caring Christian brothers and sisters that knew that you were alone with the children and stepped in to help.

The Lord knows when these things are about to happen and He already has the people in place to lend a hand :)

Praising the Lord for your husband's safe return, you weathered the storm with HIM on your side.

Blessings,

Maria

Grandma E said...

Oh my goodness ... enough is enough! It is wonderful to look back after the facts and rejoice in how the Lord took care of you throughout each situation. Glad everything is back to "normal."