Wisdom...
- Nothing with gardening. I hope to start planning my garden in the next 6 weeks.
- Local government...I got a bumper sticker! I know it's not much, but it is a start! A man I know personally is running for Gov. and I am hoping to help out in some way.
- Budgeting... I am still keeping track of everything I spend. Oh my! It is difficult!
- I've only tried one new recipe. I've been a bit slack in this area. Some days it is all I can do to get hot dogs on the table :-) (yuck!)
- No exercising. Kiersten just started sleeping through the night so I should be able to add this to my day soon!
- I am really trying to cut that bedtime snack out of my routine. It is a habit I am finding hard to break! (I am eating a muffin right now...ugh!)
- My Proverbs study is slow going. I was surprised at how many days I miss! Again, if Kiersten keeps sleeping through the night, I'll be able to be better with this time! I just about got through the book once. I am highlighting different words in different colors to make my study easier in the months to come.
- I started my first book... I am really enjoying the simpleness of it! It came with a workbook. I really like that! I can speed read without retaining. This way I take notes and actually stop and think about it! I will be having Jordan read this when he turns 12!
- I have memorized January's verse and am starting on February's! I still haven't chosen my passage for this year...I know I better hurry!
- We were able to have the youth over for a progressive dinner
- We had two families from church over
- I talked to a lady at a craft shop. We were looking through pattern books and started chatting. She pulled out photos of her felted projects. She does an amazing job! I didn't think about it until later but I should have told her that God certainly gifted her in that area. That may have opened up a door.
- I have not done a good job of being a joy filled mom... my hardest task for sure!
I am writing my list for February as we speak (I know I'm a week late!). It really does help me to have a list... it is much easier to stay focused!... and an extra 5 min can be spent doing something rather than thinking about what I need to be doing!






3 comments:
Praying for you dear friend. Remember that these goals are for the entire year, maybe if you make smaller goals that can conform to your new baby and her needs, you won't feel so overwhelmed....
Blessings,
Maria
Wow Danielle, I think you're doing great. Just HAVING your goals set out is a start! You are on the right path.
As for budgeting... I *trained* my hubby early on to keep the receipts for EVERYTHING. We put them in a box by the door when we come in and I collect them into the monthly budget. So far, so good!
And I'll pray for the lady that you met at the craft store ;)
for a gal with a 5 month old... you sure are amazing! :) You're doing awesome!
I've been working on my garden plans too, but it really is SO hard to imagine with snow everywhere.
I've also ordered a book I can study through. I'm hoping to get my "God and I" time (to steal a High Point Camp term) back into some sort of consistency.
And I'm SOOOO glad to hear that I am not alone in resorting to hot dogs too often (or PBJ's lol!). For some reason I always imagine your kids eating perfectly balanced whole food meals every day. :)
Way to go on keeping your goals before you month by month. Blessings!
Post a Comment