Wednesday, November 25, 2009

~Happy Thanksgiving~

I spent the day preparing for the holiday weekend!!!! We completed a half day of school and tried to pack and clean everything up so we don't even have to look at school stuff!!!!

We fit in a little art/math project...You can find the directions here. The boys found it challenging to do all the measuring and were very surprised at how nice they turned out! We have three pumpkins hanging in the living room window and are giving three away to our dinner hosts.

We will be enjoying dinner tomorrow with Gregg's family and I am contributing these cookies...






Big Soft Ginger Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing! This is the third time I've made these this month...do you think we like them!?!??!?!

Saturday will be spent with my family. I'll be making mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and prune whip! Yumm! I love turkey dinner, so this is a special treat!


And because we think we need more turkey...we have one 20# turkey cooking right now to enjoy our own "leftovers."

Since we know Thanksgiving isn't about pumpkins or food (surprise, surprise!) we will be listening to this excellent story on our travels (this may be the 4th year we have listened to this)...

And Thanksgiving isn't just about being thankful...I heard you all gasp! Do you realize people are "thankful" for all kinds of things without knowing where/who it all comes from! Anyone can be thankful...the catch is to whom are you thankful? I desire to express my thanks and gratitude toward the Creator who made and sustains everything, the One who guides me, the One who provides, the God who sees me. He is Faithful!

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Danielle,

I pray that you have a wonderful time this weekend with your In Laws and with your side of the family!

I also have the same book and truly enjoy reading throught it.

Enjoy yourself this weekend!

maria

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of Thanksgiving. I liked your take on Whom we should direct our thanks. The hanging pumpkins are adorable ... I followed the link and must say the boys did a better job than even the original project! Hope Thanksgiving was wonderful for all of you! Grandma E

asnipofgoodness said...

So so right, He is always faithful! Thanks for the welcome back, it is so good to be back!
Those ginger cookies look yummy, and good job on the pumpkins. I wanted to try them, but alas, we are on to Christmas now!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am slowly getting caught up on blogs! :) I love all your projects and things! :) Hope you are doing well! Have a wonderful night!