Whoohooo! My mighty hunters came home with some wild game! (Nov 8)
Jared bagged his limit of pheasant!
He watched someone clean pheasants a few weeks ago and used his new skills to clean these birds. He loves everything to do with hunting!
Jordan got his first pheasant! He really enjoys walking through the fields.
I like hearing them talk about their adventure. They seem to really hear a lot when they are out. Lots of different animals in the woods/fields and they have run into some other very nice hunters. Gregg even enjoys taking them. That is good news as it will be a while before they can go on their own.
My mighty hunters! Aaron did go on this trip but he has a more limited vision. The corn field they found them in is really tall and Aaron can't see over it like his brothers.
Later that night we (they) tried fried squirrel. They were saying it was good but I'm not sure that is what they really thought. We will see if they do any more squirrel shooting!
I'm not a huge fan of raw meat. I couldn't look at the squirrel much less fix it. I stood in the kitchen telling them what to do but kept fighting the gag reflex.
I am really hoping I can cook these pheasants!






2 comments:
I will stick to chicken!
I like the first and third pictures-they look like they should be in a hunting magazine :) I've been wanting to try fried squirrel...I'll have to ask how it was!!
Post a Comment