Monday, December 22, 2014

~Arlington~

My grandmother passed away a few months ago.  We had a memorial service at the time, but had to wait to get into Arlington National Cemetery for her interment. 

Fifty some family and friends boarded a bus to Washington on December 6, 2014.  It was an overcast, drizzly day, but we had a nice service and a good time with family.

I did not take this photo... I stole it from a relative on facebook.  It is my favorite photo from the day!


While we were waiting for our service, our family went for a walk around Arlington.  This is the grave site of John Kennedy and his family.


Looking out over Washington from JFK grave site.  
Many thanks to the stranger that added the very photogenic umbrella!


Sobering & Reflective


We did not make it to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier... maybe next time. 


This carving, right outside the building, was beautiful!



At some point, my grandmother's name will be added... but they are not here.  Their eternal resting place isn't this little, cold, dark cement box in the midst of thousands of others.  It is in a place of light, beauty, color, health, peace... a place made for the children of God!

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Most importantly, they are with Him!

No comments: