Saturday, May 31, 2014

~19 years~

It is hard to believe I have been married for 19 years. It didn't seem like we were going to fit anything "special" into our schedule so I made some plans.  Last Friday night, Jordan and Jared were at youth group and I put the rest of the kids in the living room with a movie.  I made a pretty spot out back for Gregg and I to enjoy our meal.  I found some Christmas lights and hung them with lanterns. Kiersten was upset at first that she couldn't eat with us, but when I told her she could help decorate that made it all better.

The kids enjoyed their movie and we got to eat dinner without interruptions ☺


I even made a strawberry rhubarb pie for the occasion.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Congratulations! It was fun being part of your special day. Glad you got to enjoy some "quiet" time together. -Jen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you enjoyed a nice quiet meal together. The pie looks great!

Unknown said...

What a frugal idea...
Nikki