They enjoy a senior trip every spring. It is for the 16-18 year olds. Most of our kids are home schooled and most grades are flexible so we go by age. This year they voted to go to DC for the day. They also chose the Library of Congress, The Holocaust Museum and the Zoo.
We got up around 4:30 and left around 5:30. We drove down to the metro station in Maryland and road in on the train. Our first stop was the Library. I really wish we could have gone in the actual library, but we could only view it. It was a beautiful building !
The back side of the capital was across the street from the library.
The teens and one adult in front of the library. Several teens couldn't make it... I think we have ten total in this age group. That thought makes me sad... they will be gone before I know it :-( But the ratio six kids to four adults was pretty fun for this trip.
Our view of the library.
While we were walking around the library, our fearless leader went ahead to the Holocaust Museum to get our tickets. We had tickets to get in between 10 and 11... I left a half hour to get from one place to the other... and we barely made it!
The building was very busy. There was a lot of reading, several videos and other listening stations. I think we were there for 2 hours, but I could have stayed longer. It was a little overwhelming and a bit depressing. I really wish we could have taken pictures inside, but that was not allowed.
We saw the Washington Monument on our way back to the train station. Look at that beautiful sky!
Lunch break!!!
Our next stop was the zoo. The whole reason I lugged my big camera down there. I am so glad I had it :-)
We stayed later than we planned and had a long metro ride back to our van. (those all day metro passes were great!)
We drove half way home and stopped at Cracker Barrel for supper. Most of us ended up eating breakfast.. it was so yummy! We didn't get back to church until 11:30. That was a really long day! The teens were dragging and the adults were still going strong... how did that happen!?!?!
I had a lot of fun on my mini vacation.






No comments:
Post a Comment