Friday, August 12, 2011

~The Grand Finale~

Well, we just completed our last week of summer vacation. Bummer. I don't think any of us are ready to get back to school... but it must be done.
I was trying to make our last week fun.... and this is what we ended up doing...
Monday - we went to Grammy's house to swim and play Wii
Tuesday - it rained off and on all day so we had lego car races... and the boys went to the race car parts store.
Wednesday - I was going to take the kids out for ice cream and then realized that our favorite little country store was giving away free ice cream (and balloons) with a purchase! What great timing!

Thursday - Jordan and Jared went to Hershey Park with my parents... it was their birthday gift this year. They had a great time... their first time to a real park! The weather was perfect! I took the other four to our local timbers park.
(first pony tail!)


Everything was great til Nathan road this one too many times...
He got sick when we arrived home but recovered quickly!
Friday - We enjoyed cooking hot dogs and corn on the grill and eating outside... I ran out of propane at the very end. We even splurged and gave the kids grape soda.
We split up and got some things done before dark... then we enjoyed a campfire and marshmallows... big ones!


I am happy that even though our summer break is over, we will still be able to enjoy summer weather. It will help keep us motivated to accomplish everything as early as possible!
Tomorrow we divide again!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

I sure hope you have a blessed school year!

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Sounds like a fun week to end summer vacation!!

I hope school is going well. We start in another week or two. :) I think we will start Aug. 29 and be a week ahead, schools here don't start until after labor day weekend. We will have a lighter school week, because I'll also be busy canning peaches and tomatos and freezing corn. :)