We only have three more race weekends! Only two of those weeks count toward their points.
Our day started out a little behind. I was up late last night and slept in this morning. I didn't do my normal day ahead packing because I couldn't seem to fit it into our first week of school. I'll get the new routine... I hope!
Anyway, I forgot the camera card and didn't charge the video camera... but I could use the built in memory and had enough battery to video the races... just not the heats... so it wasn't too bad of a mistake! I think they would have hung me if I forgot lunch!
Here are a few candid shots of our day... I'll be scrapbooking these tomorrow!
No wins this week but all the boys had some good racing. Jordan's car was really loose for his heat and Gregg and I commented to each other that it looked rough. By his 4th or 5th warm up lap he had gained control. He told us later he just had to learn how to go through that turn. The track changes every week because of weather and there was no rubber on it yet. He is a thinker! There were some visiting cars this week so it made it a little more competitive!
Eric was in a wreck during his heat. The other car's bumper ran right into Eric's car... like in his lap! (you can see in the last picture of Jordan how that side of the car is much lower than the other side) We were thanking God for watching over him today. We pray as a family over every race and it is moments like this that you know you are in His hands. Eric's arm is strapped to his seat belt so his arm could have certainly been in the way.
Now, off to get cleaned up!






1 comment:
:-) Kiersten must have been worn out to sleep through it all! :-)
Cute pictures,
Post a Comment