I splurged on one of these necklaces when they were first offered here. It is one of my favorites. I like the sound of the pearl hitting the metal. It reminds me of my purpose... it reminds me all day long. Sometimes I need to be reminded all day long;-)Today was one of those days that I chose to wear it...
Making granola was on my to do list today. Instead of waiting for my younger boys to ask if they could help (and I normally say "not this time") I actually told them to wash their hands I had a fun job for them to help me with. Nathan helped me count out cup after cup of ingredients. Both Eric and Nathan had a fabulous time mixing the ingredients by hand. Way better than play dough and much more practical too! I used those fun moments to instill character into my young men, I loved on them and I showed them how important their contributions are to our family.
I told them that I love them... and Nathan replied... "I know why you love me, because Jesus first loved you"... I thank God for those moments!
I am not "just a housewife" I don't just "home school." My lot in life is much greater than that. I am raising generations. Little by little. Day by day. I'm learning that chores are not a chore, that the stage of raising children is not an interruption in my life and that God is faithful... because he cannot deny himself.
Today I chose to be involved with my children instead of just wanting them to be quiet and out of the way. Most days... are not like that.
And for the record. It only took 5 more minutes to make the granola with my "helpers" - 5 minutes for rewards spanning generations... I'll take it!






No comments:
Post a Comment