Thursday, January 13, 2011

~First Finish of the Year~

I have a number of projects in the works. Some for others and some that just keep getting put on the back burner. I have been putting all my UFO's (unfinished objects) on a list and prioritizing them. I am hoping to get a bunch done in the next few months. My craft area really needs a good cleaning and it would help to not have projects sitting around!My first finish was a crochet blanket for a friend who got married in Nov. I love this pattern!!! It was easy but it used a lot of yarn and a lot of time:-) I did most of it while the boys were reading their school work to me... some during movie nights... so time wasn't really an issue.The basket weave pattern is very thick and warm!
Maybe next winter I can make one of these for us:-)

I did school yesterday and today without a crochet project and I was going nuts! I do have some other almost finished projects to crochet, I just have to get them out! I'll also be starting another blanket for another friend who got married New Years Eve... crocheting blankets in the winter is perfect!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blanket is so pretty! I'm sure your friend will just love it. :-) I like seeing your crochet projects. Have a nice weekend!

Fruitful Harvest said...

WOW very nice! I too love the basket weave!
I bet it feels good to clean out the craft area:)

I pray you had a good Christmas.

Peace and Joy,
Georgiann

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Good for you in getting some projects done. I have a list I need to attend too! :D

Diane said...

It's just beautiful! The basketweave pattern is a favorite. Great job!! A while back, I started a basketweave scarf for my husband, but right now it's just a UFO ;)