
Another week gone! I spent last week preparing, preparing and preparing! I had a meal to make, cookies to bake, and gifts to wrap!
We enjoyed a Christmas celebration with Gregg's family Friday night. I served lasagna and garlic bread. My sister in laws brought salad and an eclair dessert. My in laws brought shrimp! YUM! I love that family tradition! The kids exchanged their favorite snacks and the adults exchanged $5 gifts. We always have fun doing that! I received reusable shopping bags and chocolate! I gave a bamboo cutting board. It was normally $25 marked down to $5! I gave the boys the day off school so I really had everything in order and cleanup was even quick!
Saturday I went to my mom's family's Christmas celebration. I went by myself! We ate (of course!) and did a big cookie swap! It was good to be able to visit without worrying about what my kids were doing.... it was also good to get home and be greeted by freshly bathed children in a clean house!
Sunday was our normal day of church but add in a fellowship/bridal shower. One of our young ladies attending college is getting married New Years Eve. We wanted to have some sort of party for her but time was against us. I think it worked really well and we surprised her! It is so fun to be a part of a wedding... especially one that the couple desires to serve the Lord! I got to collect money for the gift card, decorate and set up the food table... fun jobs!
It is hard to believe a week from now Christmas will be over! Our celebrations continue though for another week!
I was too busy to do much counting this week, but here is my list...
66. A great make ahead meal so the party day was calmer
67. The smell of simmering sauce
69. Eager children who gobble them up
70. Without syrup!
72. Big tables
73. A chance to use my favorite dishes
75. Chatting with Aunts, Uncle and Cousins
76. Laughing
77. Piles of cookies (over 20 kinds!)
79. A chance to miss and be missed
80. The smell of freshly bathed baby hair
81. Young love
82. Leftover wedding decorations donated
83. That make my bridal shower decorating a cinch






2 comments:
What a great list!! Blessings to you and yours!
You have been busy. Your pictures are wonderful.
Post a Comment