Monday, December 13, 2010

~Busy Times~


This week certainly flew by!

We enjoyed a family trip to an indoor train display last Friday. I don't even remember what we did on Saturday! Monday night and Tuesday night were nice quiet evenings at home. Gregg had a meeting one night so I tried to keep the boys busy with games. We played Connect Four and then we got out the Widgets. The rest of the week was normal with school, church and grocery shopping.

I tried all week to get to some extra projects but that just wasn't happening. Gregg had another day off this Friday and I took off to do my Christmas shopping. I did a lot online but still had to hit the stores. I found everything I needed in 5 hours:-) I didn't think that was too bad. I even got to enjoy a Chic-fil-a sandwich! Shh, don't tell the boys, but I also enjoyed a yummy peppermint milkshake;-)

I managed to start wrapping some gifts Friday night too! Saturday I felt like I was running a marathon! I was trying to get a lot done on top of all the normal stuff! My Christmas letters were written, printed, enveloped and stamped! Yay! I was also able (with Jordan's help) to give one of the dogs a haircut.

Sunday afternoon was spent working on Kiersten's Christmas dress... almost done with that too! It was a very profitable weekend!!!

I tried to spend more time being thankful all week rather than just one given day to write my list. This is fun...I'm going to keep counting!


45. Family fun days

46. Canned food in exchange for tickets

47. Every member of the family enjoying the activity

48. Christmas Cards sent to 16 missionaries all over the world

49. 82 Christmas Letters stamped and sealed for the mailbox
50. Tiny fingers wanting to play


51. Big brothers who let little brothers win

52. Young minds that learn to reason
53. Successful shopping trips

54. A yummy chicken sandwich

55. With pepper jack cheese

56. A husband that entertains and feeds the kids

57. And loves it

58. While he actually gets project done!

59. A "new" dryer

60. Before our old one bites the dust

61. Challenges from scripture

62. Time to sew tiny seems and little hems

63. Christmas programs

64. Popcorn

65. "Early" bedtimes on Sunday night to start the week off right

If you don't hear from me this week, don't worry. I'm hosting Gregg's family's Christmas Friday night... attending my mom's family's Christmas on Saturday... and setting up for a fellowship at Church on Sunday!

2 comments:

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Yours is a great list too! :) Love thinking of the little things we can be thankful for. :)

Blessings to you this week!!

Crystal said...

What a great list. Merry Christmas