Thursday, December 2, 2010

~Am I Asking Why or Why Not~


I enjoyed counting my blessings last week, but... I sorta forgot... actually, I think I didn't want to think thankfully this week. Did that make sense? What a week. I certainly felt like I had a lot to complain about. I was struggling with a "why me" attitude. The house is a mess, the basement stinks like rats (dead and alive), the basement has a small stream flowing through it from the rain, school that takes hours longer than necessary, laundry piled in baskets... that finally gets folded... and then knocked over... grrr! Not enough time to pay bills and do thinks I don't want to do much less do the things I do want to do. Sadly, I could go on...

But, something I read in my devotions really hit me over the head (I am in the book of Job) and then I read this blog post. I saw that I should have been asking "why not me"... why should I have everything happen perfectly all the time... am I special? I have friends and family to pull me back up and help me along... why not me... I claim to have God's grace which is sufficient... why not me!

I'm going to continue counting...

23. Sweet little outfits that cost 85 cents
24. Objects to occupy little people when there is much to be done

25. Yummy treats for Thanksgiving breakfast
26. Parents that have us over for Thanksgiving breakfast treats

27. Aunts, Uncles and cousins that share photos of their adventures since our last gathering

28. A long drive between breakfast and dinner that lets us get hungry

29. Having both family close enough to share the Thanks-filled day

30. A Sister-in-law that joyfully opens her home to family

31. Hot steamy plates of dinner
32. A Brother-in-law that keeps a fire going

33. A glider placed next to the fire for a tired little girl and her tired mama to enjoy a mid day snooze

34. A husband that cleans and cooks our turkey after a long day of festivity

35. While entertaining the boys with all the gizzards

36. Attic treasures brought down to keep busy hands out of trouble

37. Rats that have come and gone... lets leave it at that... no photos please!

38. Brave boys who protect their mom from above mentioned rats

39. Rats that are an abnormal part of our home (some live with them or search for food with them *shiver*)

40. Blog posts that hit me right where I'm at

41. Grace - not only the strength to do something, but the will to do it

42. A change in perspective

43. My love is home tomorrow

44. Starting our weekend early

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Beautiful list! I have one to share today, but homeschoolblogger seems to be down! :( Oh, well I still do have much to be thankful for, I just may be a day late in sharing my list. :)