Friday, May 28, 2010

~Blogversary Giveaway Question 3~


I just started a new crochet project. It is a basket weave blanket. It is an easy pattern to follow and it is going to be so nice and thick! This blanket sure does use a lot of yarn! I think I will be making a second one over the winter because this one is a gift;-)

Question 3... You must choose fabric or yarn or neither. If you choose fabric tell me what colors you normally buy and what you like to make. If you choose yarn tell me what type of yarn, type of hook (plastic or metal) and what you make with it. If you choose neither, I want to know if you prefer to buy store bought or homemade. OK!?!??!?!

I like fabric in off tones (not brights or pastels)... quilts, baby girl
dresses :-), pj pants for me and my boys, skirts, table runners

I like to crochet... I only like cotton yarn, I haven't found a difference between metal and plastic hooks, I have made several dishcloths and blankets... I haven't tried anything with shape yet.

I love all things homemade!

Have a great Memorial Weekend!

8 comments:

Renee G said...

I love extra soft baby yarn. I use a metal hook usually. Although I have an old bone/wood hook that I prefer if I'm working in the right gauge. I love to make baby blankets (usually for gifts). I love pastels.
rsgrandinetti@yahoo.com

Diane said...

I love fabric. I've made many different types of curtains. But I enjoy making dresses for my daughter and totes and aprons... usually out of vintage linens.

Anonymous said...

I would choose fabric because I really want to sew, but have no clue what I am doing.

I made a dress in Home Ec back in school and I liked and wore it, but got a C on it!! Ahh...

~Jenny

Fruitful Harvest said...

I'm a fabric addict~

I love all kinds depending on what I'm making~

Quilts,girls dresses,hats,burp cloths,curtains,pillow cases and more!

I also make flax seed/herb bags!
(for use as a heat or cold pack)

I do want to learn to knit some day~


Blessings,
Georgiann

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Fabric!! I much rather sew than knit or crochet. :) Now I do like pastels colour and floral.

I usually sew dresses, skirts, swimsuits, rag quilts. :)

Crystal said...

Oh man. I want to learn to knit. I have not really sewed for a few years. I use to make dresses for the girls but they are both teenagers now and I can't sew the things they would want to wear. I just love home made things but usually settle for store bought.

Anonymous said...

Dear Danielle,

..I must say that fabric is my favoriate type of medium to use. I just enjoy making anything with it :) Curtains, sofa/chair covers, dresses, wedding gowns, tablecloths, napkins, pillows...and the list goes on and on :)

In yarn, which I also enjoy, I pretty much do not have a preference. It all depends on what I am making. I find that a bit of acrylic tends to work really well, especially when I am making clothes. But cotton is wonderful for dishcloths and thread for lace crochet.

Have a blessed weekend!

Maria

Sarah said...

I love fabric!! I love to make clothes for my little girl and aprons. I love picking out the fabric more than I enjoy sewing it together, however! HA!
I love blues of all shades, rose and burgundy, dark greens and yellows!