Wednesday, July 1, 2009

~Summer Salads~

We enjoyed a real salad last night. You know...lettuce, tomato and all the trimmings. I get tired of those easily. When I was pregnant with Jordan, I ate a salad every day and I think it really got to me:-) I'm so thankful for other types of "salad"!

This is what we are enjoying tonight...

Broccoli, Cauliflower and Peas - 1/2 head of each broccoli and cauliflower...and a cup or 2 of frozen peas...that's it! This is a great one to take to a picnic. The peas keep it nice and cold! I also make this with raisins and sunflower seeds instead of peas.

Later this week I hope to have Cucumber Salad (thinly sliced cucumbers and onion...yum). Earlier this week I made coleslaw (never really thought of this as a salad before but all that cabbage has to be good for you!).

The dressing for both the Broccoli and Cucumber is the same...
3/4 cup mayo
1 Tbsp honey
1 1/2 Tbsp vinegar
1/4 tsp salt

Do you have a favorite summer salad? I'd love new ideas!

1 comment:

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Salads are yummy! I just made this salad recently and it is yummy! :)

http://tammysrecipes.com/italian_pasta_salad