Saturday night was eventful in our house. We had a fairly big rain storm come through and our normally wet basement turned into a basement with rivers and fountains! Gregg and I worked together until 12:30 am keeping the water from rising too much. It is continuous work for two as the water was coming in like a faucet. It doesn't do this often...but when it does...ughh!
Gregg had to remind me that we could be thankful we still had electric and a big supersized vaccum to keep the water moving out!
Anyway, it has taken a few nights and naps to catch up on some sleep!
I picked our first onion on Monday...
and six quarts of beans on Tuesday...
It was so relaxing to sit in the shade on the back patio and snap beans in the afternoon! I canned my beans...for the first time. I usually freeze them.
I am caring less and less about my to do list and getting more and more ready to sit and snuggle a newborn. This has certainly been an easier pregnancy for me and for that I am so thankful!
With that said...I'm going to go lie down:-)






3 comments:
So sorry to hear about your basement, but glad that it's squared away for now. Also happy to hear that your pregnancy is going so well. I'll pray for that to continue through your delivery. Great looking beans and onion!
Btw, I tried your cream of wheat and molasses suggestion. It's delicious. Thank you!
Oh, my sorry about your wet basement! That is hard. We have been having septic problems here, makes thing challenging at times. :)
Glad to hear pregnancy is going well. 50 days left, give or take a few. Do you usually go early or late?
The beans look delicious! We always snap the beans outside too, fun to do while resting in the shade after picking them. :)
How awful about your basement!! But glad to hear you have been enjoying your last few moments being pregnant and getting ready for a new life! :)
Post a Comment