Sunday, July 19, 2009

~Guard Your Heart~

Over Memorial Weekend we had some special speakers...remember the Marines I talked about here...anyway,

One gave a little story about guarding your heart/home. I often picture a gate or a wall around a heart with this verse. I now have a more active, participating picture in my mind and I thought I'd share it:-)

He explained that his house was locked up and he and his wife were heading to bed...when he heard a strange noise at the back door. Long story short, someone was trying to break in!!! Being a Marine, he had some "tools" that most of us don't and stood at the back door ready to protect his home and family.

Is that how active I am in protecting my home??? Just putting up walls isn't enough...locking the doors isn't enough either!

We have had some recent sermons that have kept bringing this thought to my mind. What we see and hear really can have an effect on our walk with God...and more importantly on our children! Am I guarding them in this active way???...I do not yet know where all their weaknesses are. I may be able to overlook something but they may not be able to.

Proverbs 4:23 "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

No comments: