Wednesday, February 11, 2009

~More Valentines~

We had a few bumps in the road today, but continued our scheduled activities. You know, bumps like cranky toddlers that see you playing with candy that they can't eat, or dogs that come flying through the house caked in mud, or boys that just want to be outside:-)

I stole about fifteen minutes from our after lunch routine to make this cute garland for over my kitchen sink. I cut hearts out of food boxes and tied them togther...waffles, cerael, cerael bars, noodles, rice...anything with red. I think they look cute. The boys think I hung up the trash:-)
Thanks to Diane for telling me about one pretty thing! Love all those ideas!!! This was found somewhere on their site...can't remember where it originated.
The other activity I had planned for the day was some type of game with the "Conversation Hearts." I came up with this...
Each boy got to choose a heart and read it. We had to come up with what God would say if he was giving us a heart instead of what man says. Since God is love, and we wouldn't know love without him, and the greatest gift was from Him, I thought this a good thing to think about! They were allowed to eat their heart and tape up the paper one as we thought of sayings.
They were a little slow in getting started but here are our hearts taped to the back door...
I wrote the saying small on the top and our change big across the middle...like this...

Here are some of the things we came up with...

melt my heart....be a man after my heart

let's kiss...stay pure

got love...I am love

miss you...I stand a the door and knock

yum, yum...taste and see that the Lord is good

my baby...you are fearfully and wonderfully made

sweet talk...keep your tongue from evil

call me...pray without ceasing

let's talk...read and pray

Here are two we got stuck on...any ideas?!?!!?

be mine...

heart of gold...

To be totally honest this little game was very encouraging and convicting for me. I was encouraged with how much God loves me and how many ways he shows that love. I was convicted that I don't take time to read all those wonderful reminders in His Word. They are right there, on the shelf beside me all day long...not helping me at all. I don't bother to think on them either...I've got so many other things to think about.

I think these hearts taped to my back door are a good reminder...more for me than my boys! Isn't that always the way it goes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get so excited when I find a new posting on your blog. This one is great! What better use of Valentine's Day than to train the children of the love of God, the greatest love!

I like the "trash hanging" above your sink ... can just imagine the boys had a heyday with that craft!

Love to all ... Grandma E.

Jenny said...

I love this!

Anonymous said...

be mine....song - I am his and he is mine??? Val

Diane said...

You're welcome ;)

Great idea with the conversation hearts!! Your garland turned out very cute too!