Tuesday, February 24, 2009

~Trying Something New~

I have never knit before and have only croched a long line once or twice. I decided this year I would like to learn how. I love those handmade dishcloths and thought they would be fun to make. I spend a lot of time listening to boys read and do math right now and handwork is something I can do to keep myself from getting ansy while they work.

Here is my first project...nothing much is it!?!??! I cast on, knit, pearl, stockinette, seed stitch, and cast off. I started twice before this piece...

Not too bad. It did take a little longer than I thought...How long will it take to do a whole dish cloth!?!?!? I am hoping to complete one by this time next week! Here is my yarn all ready to go!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Just like you, I just have to be DOING something. I'm not a great knitter either, but I look forward to seeing your dishcloths!